Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Event - Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Masterclass

Last week in my excitement to get my chubby little hands on Ms. Tilbury's new magic foundation I decided to book myself onto the masterclass to showcase the foundation and it's launch in stores. I paid £35 in advance which was redeemable on the day!

When I arrived at the Charlotte Tilbury counter in Selfridges at the Trafford Centre, Manchester I was greeted warmly and offered a glass of bubbly and nibbles (a very nice touch!) whilst  we waited to get started. The masterclass began with myself and several other attendees observing the head makeup artist applying the new magic foundation. She began by removing the models makeup with multi miracle glow cleanser and then applied Charlottes Magic Cream (definitely on my shopping list) before enhancing the models natural glow with the amazing wonder glow cream which I have and absolutley love, it manages to prime the skin to perfection whilst producing radiance rather than greasiness. Finally, she colour matched the model, selecting the perfect shade with ease thanks to the wealth of shades on offer and applied this beautifully using the magic complexion brush (NEED!) 

Whilst applying the foundation the makeup artist explained exactly why this foundation is truly magical. She told us that the foundation had been 5 years in the making and was envisioned by Charlotte herself as an answer to all of her full coverage foundation problems (i.e. too thick, too greasy, enlarges pores, too cakey). One of the ingredients which makes this foundation so special is the inclusion of laricyl, an extract taken from mushrooms which helps to the firm the skin and tighten pores.

Once we had watched the masterclass we were then given our own makeup artist who then colour matched us to the perfect shade of magic foundation (I am wearing shade 2) and did our makeup to match one of charlottes signature looks. After an awful lot of umming and ahhing, and some very helpful advice from the makeup artist I went for something a little different for me and chose the 'Uptown girl look'. 

My makeover 

The Uptown Girl 

Before and After 




Once this look was applied, it obviously put me into an easily persuaded state of mind so I ended up purchasing the lot (shh! Don't tell mum!) and the magic foundation too! 


To buy The Uptown Girl look was £165 and for this price you get:

• LUXURY PALETTE - The Uptown Girl (Eyeshadow)
• THE CLASSIC - Audrey (Eye Liner)
• FULL FAT LASHES – Glossy Black (Mascara)
• CHEEK TO CHIC – Love Glow (Blusher)
• LIP CHEAT – Pink Venus (Lip Liner)
• K.I.S.S.I.N.G – Bitch Perfect (Lipstick)
• LIP LUSTRE – Sweet Stiletto (Lip Gloss)
• COMPLIMENTARY MAKE-UP BAG
If you were thinking about trying any of the Charlotte Tilbury products I really couldn't recommend them enough! Also if you live in Manchester, shop at the Trafford Centre Charlotte Tilbury stand in Selfridges, you'll be greeted warmly and treated like a queen! 

What have you tried from Charlotte Tilbury that I haven't and need to? Let me know!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment